BECOME A DONOR
Scientists around the world research the cells of the human blood system to search for cures to diseases such as HIV, cancer and Immunological diseases. PPA supports scientific research by providing laboratories with a reliable source of cells by maintaining our large donor pool.
PPA compensates our donors as a thank you for the time they spend donating. Compensation is determined by what type of donation is made, the volume, and the way in which it is collected. For current compensation rates, please contact us as the rates vary for each donation.
In order to donate, donors must meet these requirements:
- Health: Be in general good health and feeling well
- Age: The minimum age to donate is 18 years of age
- Weight: The donor must weigh at least 110 lbs
- Medications: The donor must not take any medications containing aspirin for three days (72 hours) or ibuprofen for 24 hours prior to donation
- Pregnancy: You must not be pregnant